NS Norfolk, VA Housing and Relocation Information
The military provides two options for the use of your Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH). The first is living on base. Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off base.
- The Housing Services Office (757) 445-2832. Contact the HSO as soon as you know you are moving. You will be provided with the latest information on local housing as well as referral services and relocation assistance. They offer counseling and guidance before entering into a lease agreement and help resolve tenant-landlord disputes.
On Base Housing ( Rent On Base )
- Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) (757) 322-9500/9506 can assist single service members with room assignment and check-in requirements.
- NS Norfolk on-base housing is privatized and managed by Lincoln Military Housing (757) 447-9025/9463, which offers 10 neighborhoods with a variety of home styles and sizes based on rank and family needs. Home amenities may include: fenced yard, washer/dryer hookups and additional storage shed. The community features sport courts, lap pool, parks, picnic areas and more.
Off Base Housing
If you're looking to rent off-post rather than purchase a home, check out our database for available rentals.
Buy A House
- Click here to find a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes for Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations